Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem. Welcome to The Deen Library. Here you will find articles, audio, and other resources which insha'Allah will be beneficial to you.

Sunday, 17 February 2008

Crush That Pride & Arrogance

Indeed you ought to realise that a good man is he who is good in God’s sight in the mansion of eternity; and that is something unknown to man, postponed to the End.

Your belief that you are better than others is sheer ignorance. Rather you ought not to look at anyone without considering that he is better than you and superior to you.

Thus if you see a child, you say, “This person has never sinned against God, but I have sinned, and so he is better than me”

And if you see an older person, you say, “This man was a servant of God before me, and is certainly better than me”

And if he is a scholar, you say “This man has been given what I have not been given and reached what I did not reach, and knows what I am ignorant of; then how shall I be like him?”;

And if he is ignorant, you say, “This man has sinned against God in ignorance, and I have sinned against Him knowingly, so God’s case against me is stronger, and I do not know what end He will give to me and what end to him”,

If he is an infidel, you say “I do not know; perhaps he will become a Muslim and his life will end in doing good, and because of his acceptance of Islam something of his sins will be taken away, as a hair is taken from dough; but as for me, God is our refuge [or God grant that it does not happen] perhaps God will lead me astray so that tomorrow he will be among those brought near to God and I shall be among the punished”

Imam Ghazzali (rahimullah alay) Bidayatul Hidayah

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


Links

A whole page of links to authentic sites. Get yours up too and join the Authentic Islamic Websites ring. Click here to visit the page.


Copyright © 2006 - 2008 The Deen. Spreading the Deen, Nothing but the True Deen